Monday, December 28, 2015

Time Warner Cable Cancellation

I'm preparing to cancel Time Warner Cable internet and television as its become too expensive to have. Almost every month their cost has increased. Over 20% this this year. It's become ridiculous. One of the final things that they have done is to add an additional fee to cover the sports channels. I don't watch sports. With all of their "optional" fees that they pass through to us they are just not a customer friendly company. As an aside, it's my understanding that they make over a 90 percent profit on their internet costs alone. I'd like to continue with them, even though it's the company I detest the most to call, as I'm "happy" with the channel mix they have and their internet. If they'd only find out how to cater to their customers that are presently using them and not just to all of the newer ones. I have no desire to have any of their programming on my cell phone and could care less about being able to view programs from any room in my house or to have programming on demand. I just want to be able to watch a few channels, maybe less than twenty--if I could select them. I'd like to have a smorgasbord of channels I could select from. Most of the channels offered are watched by very few individuals anyway. I'm going to have to call and work through a number of individuals and waste an hour or two being made to feel as if I begging. I don't expect much from them but an attempt to reduce what they offer me, as far as channels and internet speed is concerned, for a small reduction in monthly cost. Which they will hike back up in the next couple of months. Maybe this time I'll be surprised. If I am I'll write another blog and let everybody know. Have a good New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment