Sunday, August 23, 2009

Science Snippet or Science fact

My writing has been going a bit slow lately--too many other things going on. It's just part of life and happens. I believe that I'm going to start putting a little tidbit of science in my blogs. Let me know if there's any interest in these. An example is below:

What is barometric pressure?

Barometric Pressure is the pressure of the atmosphere and is usually measured by a mercury barometer. A mercury barometer is an instrument used to measure the pressure of the atmosphere as the pressure rises or falls. It consists of a glass tube, sealed on the upper end, with a mercury column inside of it. The column of mercury is positioned vertically, with the lower open end, in a container of mercury. Usually the mercury is in a sealed bulb of some type connected to the glass tube. As the pressure of the atmosphere changes the column of mercury rises or falls. This gives us a measure of the barometric pressure.

Maybe I should stick to my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment